Monday, July 12, 2010

One Yard Wonders: 101

I was very pleased when I received this book and saw all the great ideas and patterns in it.  I don't know where to start. This book is great for both beginning and seasoned sewers.  It is sprial bound making it easy to lay flat when working on a project.

The patterns are divided into sections such as "On The Go" (bags, lunch bags, lap top covers etc), "Household Affairs" (tea cozies,aprons, hot& cold packs) and "Outfit Your Small Wonder"  There are patterns for dog couture items, toys for children, great shopping bags and a wealth of small projects that really can be made with just a yard or less of fabric. It is amazing to see what you can make with one yard or less of fabric.

 You will also find sewing fundamentals - good for beginners or as a refresher for those of us with older cloth addictions . For the price, you can't go wrong. You will get your money's worth and so much more.

Some of these projects are for things that we could all probably figure out how to make. I don't know about you , but there are times when I am thrilled not to have to re-invent the wheel - and enjoy the fruits of what others designed and perfected.  I can save my brain cells for the more involved projects.

This book has opened my eyes to the amazing number of things a person can do with just one yard (or less). I used to think of my fabric stash as nearly useless - now my old fabrics are getting used up faster than I can replace them!

All in all I really like this book a lot and will highly recommend it. It seems to have something that will please everyone and is one of those books that will be a good resource and reference book. Give it a try - I don't think that you will be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. I found you on Mama Dub's site! I love the Etsy store...I will have to purchase something! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...