Saturday, July 03, 2010

Creating a Man's Neck Tie


Recently, one of my faithful customers asked me to make her husband a neck tie. I had just made her son a diaper cover and she noticed the applique matched a dress she was going to wear in the family portrait. I have not made a tie in years; so, I was a little worried. I scoured the Internet looking for tips and tutorials. A neck tie is cut on the bias of the fabric; so, it can easily stretch out of shape during construction. I found this tutorial; but, it looked complicated and used a lot of hand sewing. I finally found my way to one of my favorite web sites called YouCanMakethis. com. I found just what I wanted. It is a pattern called "Daddy's Tie" by Patchwork Kids. The instructions were incredible and the tie came out perfect. The tie is made from cotton using Michael Miller's fabric called Round About Spa.
Now I have to get the pattern for little guys. It will be lots of fun making Daddy and me ties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...