Monday, June 07, 2010

DIY How to Make a Tread Rack



Make this DIY Thread Rack with instructions from craftedition. blogspot.com
Boy, do I need one of these. I have spools of tread in several thread boxes; as well as, on smaller spool holders. It will really be awesome to have them all in one place. This project looks like something I can do; if, I can get my husband to cut the dowels for me. Here is the link: Thread Rack – Tutorial
You’ll be able to keep your threads neatly organized in one place. A quick glance will help you find that "certain" color.

Supplies needed are basic:
Pegboard, dowel rods, wood glue; optional paint and frame trim boards. The trickiest part of the job is going to gluing each piece of dowel into the holes on the pegboard; but. I am sure the result will be well worth the trouble. I am going to give the hot glue for wood a try on this project. Cut the dowels in various lengths and you will be able hold all types of thread spools–small, large and even serger thread spools.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...