Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Journal Cover for Exchange Student


An exchange student from Brazil will soon arrive at my friend, Rose's home for the upcoming school semester. I thought it would be nice to give her a journal to record her thoughts and adventures while in the United States.

I was able to find out Bela's favorite color is pink. I purchased a pink journal at Barnes and Noble over the weekend. The inside cover is also pink and the pages have pink lines. I then began to wrestle with fabric ideas. I finally decided to use a brown and pink polka dot with a contrasting band. I think most young girls like dots. I then began to search the web for a tutorial to cover the journal. I found I found a blog called Bloom and Blossom. The tutorial is very easy and clearly written. I am very please with the results.

I hope she likes it.

1 comment:

  1. Judy, love this project and what a nice gift. Your blog is similar to mine www.drinkingpinkstars.blogspot.com in that we have alot of interests. I am still figuring out the blog, but wanted to know how you set up the pics on your site. I especially like the little box on the side with multiple pics. Thanks, a sister in sewing, Deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...