When I got home I began to rummage thru my pile of scraps and fat quarters. It always seems difficult to come up a combination of fabrics that blend together. Anyway, these aprons are what evolved.
These aprons were really easy. The trim at the bottom is placed on top of the fabric and then stitched in place. The book says to make the tie/waistband 106" long. I found this was way too long so I shortened it to 90" or double the wide of the fabric. I wasn't sure if I liked the second apron. It seemed a little plain; so, I added a small pocket in the center front. The yellow button on the pocket is a lady bug. I like it much better now.
I can't wait to make a few more. I already have the fabric combination layed out. You can find these aprons for sale on my Etsy.